How can you contribute in Open Source technologies?
Well many of us wants to contribute to the software we like, Open Source Software has really made our life simple and easy and the best part of it is open source software are supported in multiple OS.
We waste our time over social networking sites although i am not against networking or gathering but their is a time limit for every thing.
In the first you have to chose your skill some of you maybe good at developing and some may be good at communication.
For developers its easy and useful you can integrate yourself into any part of open source open project they always have arms wide for such talented people but that doesn’t mean you know something you start doing it every thing has a frame work and frame of reference you got to understand it first.
For non developers, its easy just help people with the questions related to the software. Many of the users are not good at internet they ask simple questions you can just redirect them to knowledge base articles or already replied such answers.
In short here is the quick tips to get started.
- Look for a place to contribute. This means not only programming, but also documentation, theme design, art work, or architectural design.
- Note that each project has its own distinct methods for communication and submitting contributions.
- Respect and maintain discussions.
- Encourage contributions.
- Start small by reporting and fixing bugs.
- Get your patched verified.
- In support forums get reputation
- Get in touch with originaldevelopers.
- Spread the Open Source Love.